one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I never thought this would happen to me...

A long time ago someone suggested that I read "The Hobbit". So I bought it and tried over and over again to get into it. I think I was too young. A few weeks ago I finished all of the books I has stacked and planned to read. I have a fine at the library because of a book I left at school over the summer...so I couldn't go there...in desperation I turned to Joel's collection of books. There it was calling my name. I decided I would give it one last try. Two days later I had finished "The Hobbit" and started "The Fellowship of the Ring". I am obsessed. I am either reading the book or thinking about it pretty much all of the time. I am now on to "The Lord of the Rings" and last night Joel watched disc one of the extended edition of Fellowship with me. I hope to watch disc two tonight.
I am in love with this story...and that was totally not what I expected to have happen.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I never could get into those books either. My husband has read them all several times. Maybe I'll try again ...

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration