one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Sunday, August 22, 2010

date night

By the end of this week both Joel and I were exhausted. When I got home from school on Friday I crashed on the couch. He woke me up from my nap to suggest we just order chinese food for dinner and stay home and watch a movie. While that idea sounded wonderful for my tired body I wanted to preserve our date night tradition of doing something out of the ordinary for us. So we ordered chinese, picked it up and had a picnic dinner at a park near us.
It was a perfect evening out. The sun was setting and families were out enjoying the last few hours of daylight. Some were fishing, playing basketball or enjoying a picnic of their own.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration