one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Sunday, June 6, 2010

returning to my first home

This post is about two weeks delayed but I wanted to get it up to in order to remember this great weekend at home. I went home to Alexandria for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I had a great time with my family and catching up with a few friends.

First we went to a brunch at Liesl's house. The food was delicious and the company was great. Thanks for having us Liesl! Saturday evening we went to Bellas in Broadway to celebrate Mommy's 51st birthday. Our server was my old friend Tara. We used to serve together at Old Broadway. It was so fun to see her. Hello Tara!


The highlights of Sunday were feeling Tahnee's baby kick for the first time

visiting Sue, going rollerblading and out for ice cream with Mommy and Brian. We went to Osakis to enjoy the bike trail, eat Brick Oven pizza, catch up with Mikko & Tudy and to get ice cream at the Tip Top Dairy Bar in memory of Grandpa.

I always love returning home. I love the small town feel, I love getting away from all of the big city noise and doing things that remind me of my growing up years. It brought back the care free feeling of being young, having few responsibilities where my time is spent reading,rollerblading, watching movies, walking the dog with Brian and laughing with my mom and sisters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a wonderful and memorable weekend. Hope you can get home again soon.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration