one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Monday, June 14, 2010

good times in Colorado!

Sorry for the hiatus in blogging. I was in Colorado visiting the in-laws and I haven't quite figured out how to blog and upload pictures using my iPad. I just need to get the camera kit cords and I will be up and running again. Now that I am home I have plenty of computers to choose from!

Our timing could not have been any more perfect because Joel's nephew Jett arrived just a few hours after we did. He is a perfect and healthy baby and his mom was a rockstar! Jett was 8 lbs 11 ozs and 21 inches long. After looking through Joel's baby book we discovered Jett is the exact size that Joel was when he was born!

The week went by so quickly it is hard to believe we are home already. We had a great time, and were able to see a lot of people and spend some quality time with Joel's family.
A highlight of my trips to Colorado is when I get to sew with my Mother in Law. This time we designed a bag for her upcoming trip to Europe. She is very experienced, so I always learn a lot from her.

Here were our beginning designs:


















my drawing Katie's drawing

Here is what we ended up with. It fulfills all of the design elements that Katie wanted and was a blend of both our ideas. I hope it serves her well in Europe! I am thinking about making myself a green or a brown one. I will just add that to my list of things to make, though I am not certain I could recreate it without Katie with me!



















Here we are waiting at the wrong gate for our flight home. Thankfully we heard the gate change announcement and made it there with plenty of time to get on the flight. We are home safely now. Tomorrow I will be posting pics of the great date we went on today. But for now it is off to bed. I am so glad that it is summer and I don't have to go to bed at 10:00 in order to get up at 5:30! It is 1:20 now... good thing I don't have to get up to teach :-)

1 comment:

Katie said...

You forgot to mention all the 'ripping' you did for me! We had fun - and now the sweat-shirt jacket is done too. I'll post a picture soon.

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration