one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Sunday, January 24, 2010

things I made


This evening I took these fabrics and buttons and made this for my friend Jonell, it is a laptop sleeve.

I also made this scarf for a friend, and sewed buttons on the jacket she is wearing (which you can't see).


I have been working on this bag since this past fall. I started it after being inspired by all of the birch trees I saw up north during my girl's weekend. I worked on it in stages but I am not entirely in love with the final project...maybe I will continue working on it.

Let me know if you have any ideas for my birch tree bag. I drew the birch trees and then screen printed them onto the fabric, sewed the bag and then stitched a few felt leaves on it. I think I will sew more leaves on it. Do you like it?

I really want to create my own etsy shop. I was going to wait until this summer but may try to start sooner. I feel so much better when I am finding time to create and I would love to be able to support my crafting hobby by selling things I make! Soon hopefully!

1 comment:

ShayShell said...

I love it, and I love the felt leaves. I think adding a few more is wonderful! :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration