one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The classic "last day of Christmas break breakdown"

Well I have wasted the day. This seems to be my routine when I am trying to avoid something. I am a procrastinator through and through. I am avoiding going back to real life tomorrow. So instead of making the most of the day and attempting to make a few more memories, I sat on the couch and watched football. While there is nothing wrong with watching football, I never watch football because I do not enjoy watching football. I sat beside my husband trying to be a leech and get enjoyment out of watching him do something he wanted to do. Then I laid on the couch for a few hours, surfed the internet, facebooked and continued avoiding life. While on facebook I did a Myers-Briggs personality test. I have done the actual test before but wanted to see what facebook said. It said I was an ISFP! But I am not an ISFP I am an ENFP, or at least I thought I was. Now on top of avoiding my life I was having an identity crisis. I didn't know how to go on from there.

Finally around 7 PM I laid down on the stairs between our basement and upstairs and called out for Joel. Yup, I was pathetic personified. He came to my rescue and listened to me pout about avoiding life and not wanting to waste life at the same time. (Just one of the reasons I love my husband, he is always willing to listen to me) Then, I went upstairs and showered and now I feel better. I love Prozac. That was the shortest breakdown I have ever had. Not a single tear shed and I feel ready to conquer life again. While my personality type may still be in question I know who I am and who I don't want to be enough to get up and move on. And now I am going to bake an apple pie because I want to and I don't want to waste anymore of this day. Also, I am excited to try out the recipe I got from my mother in law while I was in Colorado.

I am considering changing my blog to www.mylifeonprozac.com, I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration