one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Thursday, September 2, 2010

farmers market


While my mom was here this weekend we went to the Mill City Farmers Market which is between the Mill City Museum and the new Guthrie theater. What a fabulous location for spending a Saturday morning.





Stuff I bought:
garlic sourdough bread
honey
red bell peppers
potatoes
green beans
zinnias
ground beef
cantaloupe
Rasperry Pepper Jam

When we left my money was gone and my bags were stuffed! I couldn't wait to use all of my fresh produce to cook. I get very excited about cooking when I have delicious ingredients to use.

this is what I am intending to make:
stuffed bell peppers
Lynda's green bean recipe
roasted red potatoes
mashed potatoes
put honey in fresh mint tea and homemade bread

I hope that we go back again soon. I am definitely looking forward to apple orchards this fall so that I can bake apple pie and apple crisp!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration