one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Sunday, September 5, 2010

date night rounds 1 and 2

Date night this week was pretty low key. It was exactly what I needed after my first week at school. We ate left over tacos and started watching "Two Towers" the second movie in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I ended up falling asleep after about an hour and a half. So date night continued the following night. We finished the movie and had a delicious meal of pork chops, roasted red potatoes and green beans. The potatoes and beans were from our trip to the farmers market.
I love eating these potatoes. The recipe came from Rachel Ray. Basically you just preheat the oven to 400, wash and cut the potatoes, place them on a cookie sheet, pour olive oil over them, add salt and pepper, then I stir the potatoes around so they are evenly covered in the oil and seasoning and bake for 25-30 minutes.

I got this green bean recipe from my aunt Lynda last weekend. She served them at Tahnee's baby shower and they were so delicious! I seriously could just cook the beans by themselves and eat them as a snack. The best part is that they are super easy! Just clean and cut of the ends, put them on a cookie sheet, pour on some olive oil and sprinkle with McCormicks Steak seasoning. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes, take them out and shake the pan, cook for five more minutes and enjoy. The hardest part about making these for me was making sure I didn't eat them all before Joel got to try any!

1 comment:

Mollipop Photography said...

Hi there- I saw your comment on Ashley Ann's blog about working with kids and art and having to fund it yourself...and I was going to ask if your school does boxtops for education? My mom is a teacher in Oklahoma and she started up an art program and had to fund it herself. She collects box tops throughout the school year with the kids, parents, and teachers and raises about $3000 a year for her art program. Just an idea if your school isn't already doing it. Good luck!! :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration