one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Sunday, April 25, 2010

playing with my newest toy

After church and delicious pancakes at IHOP we stopped at Savers to see if they had any glue guns since mine has been MIA after I lent it to a parent during the Wiz performance. I am considering it lost now but I need a glue gun for some crafting projects I have been wanted to make for gifts.
Our stop at Savers was a success (as most stops at Savers are for me!) Not only did I find what may potentially be the BEST glue gun ever (the battery is currently charging, who knew that there were battery powered ones?) but I also found a great blazer and shirt for Joel and he found a great art kit for me. I like to draw quilts that I am designing to see the possible color combinations and was in the market for some colored pencils. Well now I have colored pencils, watercolors, crayons and markers in a neat kit. It may have been designed for a elementary student but I plan to do great things with it!

Lindy of course came to investigate the newest toy we got for her.

Here is what I did while playing around with my colored pencils tonight. It is supposed to be Joel, myself and Lindy.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your newest find! Also, great job on the picture. I notice Joel is wearing All Stars. Did he get his yet?

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration