one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Sunday, April 18, 2010

one small change has made a HUGE difference!

The one thing that has made this year difficult for me is all of the behavior issues in my classroom! I came home from school feeling burnt out and frustrated most days and didn't have the control of my classroom that I needed to have. So I decided to switch up my behavior plan a little bit. I will not bore you with the details... just ask me if you want to know about it. But I will show you the cute thing I made that has made a huge difference. The goal is to have sunny days in first grade. I have made a huge deal out of it and kids are trying to remind each other to make good choices so we can all be on the sun! It is great.

Special thanks to Sheri my step-mom and fellow first grade teacher for sharing the idea. It has helped so much!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration