one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Friday, December 25, 2009

Day Five: A quiet Christmas morning

Merry Christmas! The day has barely started and already I feel blessed. I am sitting in the kitchen by myself enjoying the day. I love being the first one awake and getting to enjoy the quiet of morning.

I was also happy to receive a text from my sister this morning saying she was able to board her plane to Miami. I am so glad. I thought the snow might deter her trip. Thankfully my mom and twin sister are on their way to Antigua, Guatemala...lucky ducks!

Hopefully everyone will wake up soon so we can celebrate together. I had a dream last night that I woke up and walked into the living room only to find that everyone had opened all of the presents without me and no one was home. It was sad, but thankfully only a dream! I looked as soon as I woke up and found this still waiting for me :-)



No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration