one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The little things

After a 12 hour day at school including 6 kids being kicked out for disruptive behavior, "I will follow directions" copied 5 times, 4 kids on the naughty list at music, 3 temper tantrums, 2 kids puking, and 1 after school musical practice I was blessed by one very small thing.

At the very end of my drive home I was stopped at a light waiting to take my final turn home. There was a dog hanging out the window in front of me and I could see it's breath when it barked. For some reason this just made me laugh. I love that this dog wanted to hang out the window and bark at cars driving by even though it was literally freezing outside. Just proof that joy can be found in the little things.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration