one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Saturday, February 27, 2010

date night

Joel came home from his broomball tournament and said he wanted to go out for dinner. I am always obliged to skip cooking dinner and to go out with my husband. So we went into the city because it makes me feel like a grown up! Sometimes I feel like I am a little girl playing house. Here we are after a delicious meal at Zelo in Minneapolis. Joel is in a state of bliss after the banana bread pudding we shared. I am just happy to go on a date with him! Anyone have a good bread pudding recipe? It is Joel's favorite and I don't have a clue how to make it.
After Zelo's we walked around Nicollet Mall a bit and then went to Barnes & Noble where Joel bought me a copy of this month's book club book "Same Kind of Different as Me".

Now we are watching the movie "Bright Star" and both of us are happy to be at home relaxing. February has left us both exhausted. We are overwhelmed by the agenda of March but hopeful for the spring that will follow.

I love my husband and sincerely hope that more date nights will follow.



No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration