one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Monday, February 1, 2010

burnt out but blessed

If you have read my posts lately you may have realized I am burnt out. After a week of staying late everyday at school for conferences, musical practice, lesson planning and meetings with parents I was VERY tired. This weekend I slept all day Saturday except for about two hours. I woke up at my normal time, had breakfast and collected all the dirty clothes. Joel carried the clothes down for me so I could start washing them. After that much work I was ready for my first nap of the day. I slept for a few hours. Joel woke me up and asked about lunch... he woke me up again and told me lunch was on the counter for me when I was ready... a little while later I got up and ate. Then I went downstairs to start the laundry. After starting one load I went to the couch and napped some more. At about 5:00 P.M. I woke up to a clean house and my wonderful, but tired, husband. I love him so much. I do not know how I would do life without him, literally!

To top it off Joel had planned a date night for us that night, but I slept so much I ruined all of the plans. Instead we stayed in and watched a movie. Thankfully he gave me a raincheck on the date! I love my husband!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration