one year of counting my blessings

“We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.” ~Marianne Williamson

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

3rd Anniversary

A weekend away with Joel is always a blessing but this weekend getaway was extra special. We went to Osakis, MN to celebrate our third anniversary.

Ever since I was a little girl I had always wanted to see inside this little cottage on the corner in Osakis, MN. I thought it looked like a life-size dollhouse and it has always been a dream to play inside it! A few years ago I found out that it was owned by family friends and that they had remodeled it to be used as a guest cottage. So that is where we went to celebrate our anniversary. It truly was a dream come true to stay there. I was giddy like a 10 year old girl. It was so much fun!

Our weekend was filled with celebrating being married, relaxing, antiquing, knitting, watching movies, spending time with my family and we even saw our first ballet. We saw a production of Cinderella. My favorite part was seeing all the little girls at the ballet all dressed up like Cinderella. It added to my weekend of feeling like a happy, carefree little girl.

I love you Joel! It is a blessing to be loved by you.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Minnesota
wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, artist, inspiration